Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pinterest Tuesday: Amazing Lemon Cookies

So I am going out on a limb here, but I feel pretty confident that this is my best Pinterest find so far! My room-mates and I all LOVE lemon cookies so there were very high expectations set here- and these cleared the bar with room to spare! 


Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze


Ingredients:
(cookies)
2 Cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 stick butter(room temp)
1 Cup sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract

(Glaze)
2 Cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
1/3 Cup fresh lemon juice

Directions:
-Preheat Oven to 350
-In medium bowl wish together flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest


-In a separate bowl beat together egg and sugar until fluffy(about 4 minutes)- Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until combined!


-On low speed beat the flour mixture into the egg/sugar mixture until thoroughly combined. Drop the dough onto a greased baking sheet by the spoonful and bake for 15-20 minutes(Mine were all the way done at the 14 minute mark, so keep an eye on them!) Edges will begin to brown which means they are ready!


-My cookies came out cooked to perfection but were not particularly uniform- So I took a round cookie cutter and cut perfect round cooked out of the middle!


-Once the cookies had cooled(and we had consumed all of the discarded edges) I mixed up the icing(all you have to do is whisk together the listed ingredients) and I put a hearty spoonful of icing over each cookie and let it set for about 30 minutes. 


-These cookies were fantastic and would be great for a luncheon or bridal/baby shower! They are pretty and delicate- but OH so tasty! I also obviously have discovered the wonder that is instagram- so hopefully this will help my picture quality until I can get around to getting a proper camera! 




No comments:

Post a Comment