Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Diablo Royale

Every neighbourhood needs a fantastic Mexican restaurant! Some days after work you just need a good margarita! In the future if you are looking for me, or one of my soon to be 3 room-mates, a good place to look, would be this neighbourhood gem! This is some of the best Mexican food I have had in ages! I know the east coast is not generally touted as having great Mexican but this place makes you want to change your mind! 


Diablo Royale is nestled in a cramped but friendly space on west 10th street. All of the doors across the front of the building open to give it a very airy feel, which will be an ever bigger perk when the fall weather gets here! Their menu boast traditional Mexican fare like really good guacamole, cheese dip(which is hard to find at NYC Mexican restaurants!) and fajitas, while it also mixes it up with the best corn side dish I have ever had and new combinations like the chipotle burger. 
So on my initial visit our table shared all of the following. We had guac and cheese dip which were both awesome! They were quick to re-fill the chips which were always warm, which is a nice touch! Then we got the corn, OH MY GOSH- it was so good. It is grilled and rolled in mayo-cheese concoction seasoned with cayenne and served on the cob. It is sweet, spicy and fresh! So yummy! I am going to attempt to recreate it at home soon, so I will be sure to recount that attempt here! We also split the Croque Senor Chimchanga! It was so good and super rich, a fun play on the traditionally French sandwich. The bechamel sauce was so tasty and the perfect thing for someone like me who can't always handle the super spicy side of Mexican! Overall I loved this place and am only sad I did not discover it sooner! It is small, and they pack you in there but its fun and the food is fantastic. So next time you are in the village and craving a marg, make sure this is your first stop!


Diablo Royale
http://west.diabloroyale.com/

189 W 10th St
New York, NY 10014-2903
(212) 620-0223






No comments:

Post a Comment