Friday, December 2, 2011

SquirmieHermie and Thanksgiving

So first off- on a not totally food related note- Herman has joined twitter. You can find him at SquirmieHermie- and he will be posting blog updates as well as all sorts of kooky things! I mean who wouldn't want to hear what this little guy has to say? 



On a more food related note my room-mates and I did a little pre-thanksgiving feast in our apartment. It was so good! We had turkey and gravy, sweet potato casserole(with crunchy and marshmallow topping), green bean casserole, mac and cheese, corn bread, and chocolate bourbon pecan pie. WOAH- It was a lot of food and it was all SO good!
I do not have all of the recipes as I did not do all of the cooking. I did contribute the following: green bean casserole, the recipe I used can be seen  HERE and I made the pecan pie(I make this pie every year for thanksgiving!)- that recipe can be seen HERE. I also made the sweet potato casserole and followed the recipe from The Gift of Southern Cooking. Sweet Potato casserole is probably my favourite dish of the thanksgiving spread and I think this recipe is hands down the VERY best. This cook book is really great and this recipe alone makes it worth purchasing! The combo of Edna Lewis and Scott Peacock is pretty much a dream team, so if you don't have this cookbook put it on your Christmas list!





We went all out and even cleared out living room out enough to unfold the dining table so we could all fit. We went around the table and said what we were thankful for- and my weepy room-mate managed to only cry twice! It was a fun night and a great way to kick of the thanksgiving week! Now onto Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment