Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe Thursday!(Warm Potato Salad)

The 4th of July is rapidly approaching, and for most of us that means cooks outs, grilling, picnics and lots of out-door fun! So in the spirit of independence day I wanted to post a recipe that I think is great for these types of occasions. 
Cue the best potato salad you will ever have. I am not generally a huge fan of potato salad but this stuff is fantastic. I made it for my entire family(13 people: ages 7-80) at Easter and everyone loved it! I do not have a picture of it on hand, but promise to amend this post as soon as I have a picture! 



Ingredients:
8-12 small red potatoes
1 cup Mayonnaise(Hugh Atchison prefers Duke's, so that's what I use!)
3 chopped green onions
4-6 pieces cooked bacon
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
Salt, Pepper, and Olive oil

Instructions:
- Cut the potatoes into small and roughly similar pieces(I generally cut the potato length and width way) if you are using larger potatoes you may need an additional cut. 
-Toss potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. 
-Roast potatoes @400 for around 45 minutes- until they turn golden brown. 
-While Potatoes are cooking- Cook Bacon and set aside(you do not need to make the bacon too crispy, as it will get soft when combined with the mayo anyway)- Then combine Mayo, onion, rosemary, and small amount of salt and pepper- mix well.
-As soon as they potatoes come out of the oven stir together with Mayo mixture and bacon
-Serve immediately


This recipe is easy and great to make for large groups(I have doubled and tripled- the potatoes will take longer to cook the bigger the recipe!) My pseudo room-mate is the one who introduced me to this recipe. Last summer we would grill out on our roof deck all the time. Eventually we got tired of ruffles potato chips and baked beans. So in an effort to mix it up I made this recipe, which his Mom supplied(thanks Mrs. Brown!). I have taken it to parties and made it at home a dozen times since then! It's easy, after you get the potatoes in the oven you have very little  prep, and as soon as it comes out it is ready to go. It is also pretty tasty left over! Alongside hot dogs and a great summer watermelon, you will have all the fixings to celebrate this 4th of July! Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment